The Mary Alice Streeter Scholarship Program
The Ohio Medical Group Management Association (Ohio MGMA) offers 2-3 scholarships annually up to the amount of $300 each to current Ohio MGMA Member(s) to help achieve continuing education in the healthcare field. Applicants must meet all required qualifications stipulated in the Mary Alice Streeter Scholarship Policies. This scholarship is non-transferable and may only be awarded to an Ohio MGMA Member once in three years.
Applications may be submitted anytime between February 1 – August 1 annually. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Undergraduate and/or Graduate Scholarships for individuals pursuing a degree relevant to medical practice management at accredited universities and colleges.
- Continuing Education Scholarships for individuals pursuing relevant professional development through attendance at Ohio MGMA or national MGMA sponsored conferences, workshops and seminars.
Who Can Apply
Ohio MGMA Members who have held membership for at least two consecutive years. Preference in the selection of all scholarship recipients is given to individuals who either by past experience, current position or future plans demonstrate potential for contributing to the medical practice management profession.
First, determine your specific eligibility for the scholarship(s) you wish to pursue. Second, develop your application by following the application requirements. Third, complete the Ohio MGMA Scholarship Application Form and return it with the appropriate application materials to:
All applications must include:
- Scholarship requests must be submitted on company letterhead stating the member is not eligible for full reimbursement through their organization (or an attestation of this if the member is between positions).
- The scholarship request must be signed by a Physician or other designate from the employer - applicant may not sign this letter.
- A letter stating career goals and objectives relevant to medical practice management;
- A résumé; and
- Two reference letters commenting on the individual’s performance, character, potential to succeed and need for scholarship support.
If you are seeking an Undergraduate or Graduate Education Scholarship, also include:
- Documentation indicating acceptance into an undergraduate or graduate college or university; or
- Academic transcript(s) indicating undergraduate or graduate work completed to date.
If you are seeking a Continuing Education Scholarship, also include:
- Explanation of individual need for professional development and the specific continuing educational activity planned to meet this need (i.e. content, time, date, location and cost).