All Ohio MGMA conferences and webinars meet the requirements for continuing education credit hours from the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE). These CE hours are good towards certification requirements
You are certifiable and Ohio MGMA can help!
ACMPE - The American College of Medical Practice Executives
Established in 1956, the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE) is the standard-setting and certification body of the Medical Group Management Association. ACMPE offers board certification and Fellowship in medical practice management. ACMPE's mission is to continually improve the performance of medical group practice professionals and the organizations they represent. Their vision is to be the recognized leader in defining and supporting the profession of medical group management. Some benefits of board certification:
- Demonstrates your broad knowledge of medical practice management
- Enhances your professional status by earning a nationally recognized professional designation
- Provides a distinct advantage over other candidates when seeking employment and promotions
- Assists you in justifying more salary, on average, than noncertified professionals
- Can be used as a part of a professional growth plan you can develop with your employer
- Expands your network of medical practice executives who have chosen to excel in the profession
The board certification exam assesses your:
- Knowledge and understanding of the broad scope of medical practice management principles and issues
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate in writing
- Oral communication skills
ACMPE board certified professionals enjoy:
- Professional respect from physicians, peers and colleagues
- Increased earning and career potential
- Leading many of the nation's best-performing medical practices
Fellows are members of ACMPE who have chosen to advance beyond board certification and Fellowship (FACMPE) is the highest level of distinction in the medical management field.
Lorri Fowler, MBA, FACMPE
Continuing Education Credit
- All Ohio MGMA state conferences and webinars meet the requirements for continuing education credit hours from ACMPE. These CE hours are good towards certification requirements.
ACMPE PREPARATION & SUPPORT
ESSENTIALS + LIVE Q&A
We are excited to announce the new ACMPE Preparation: Essentials, now available + quarterly LIVE Q&A starting on December 14, 2022.
This comprehensive course helps examinees identify content necessary to meet board certification standards, including financial management, regulatory compliance, organizational governance and departmental operations management and transformative healthcare delivery. To best prepare applicants for the examinations, topics are reviewed from the perspective of a variety of healthcare settings, including hospitals and ambulatory care settings. The course is free to national MGMA members.
- Courses cover the domains of the Body of Knowledge, Financial Management, Operations Management, Human Resources, Organizational Governance, and Risk and Compliance
- Maximum scheduling flexibility, this course is divided into several short segments, allowing you to
- complete one or more at a time.
- Multimedia, videos, and animation
- Interactive quizzes and real-life problem-solving scenarios
- Identification of learning gaps and additional resources to close those gaps
- The ability to take notes within the course platform and print for future reference
Sessions 1 through 5 are the Essentials Courses.
- Essentials of Financial Management
- Essentials of Organizational Governance
- Essentials of Risk and Compliance Management
- Essentials of Human Resource Management
- Essentials of Operations Management
ACMPE ADVANCEMENT COMMITTEE
Session 6: Board Certification Preparation: Live Questionand-Answer Session held Quarterly 6:00 – 6:30 pm ET (5:00 pm CT, 4:00 pm MT, 3:00 pm PT)
*Hosted by Debbie Hudson and Tracy Bird
- Wednesday, December 14, 2022
- Wednesday, February 8, 2023
- Wednesday, May 10, 2023
- Wednesday, August 16, 2023
LIVE Q&A is available on-demand after each live recording.
ACMPE FACEBOOK SUPPORT GROUP
If you are looking for additional support on your Certification journey, you can join the ACMPE Facebook
Group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/acmpe
Resources, questions and answers are posted by mentors who are Fellows and happy to help you succeed!
Members are welcome from across the country. The only prerequisite is a Facebook account.
Interested in Certification? Start by registering here.